I think our future husband is something we all as girls dream about. We dream about that cute guy, 'perfect' wedding, and (maybe) those adorable little kids. But have you ever thought about praying for him? Just as you are going through life and struggling at times, he is too. Your prayers could make such a difference in his life! God knows who that man is right now.
In this post, Bethany Baird shares some awesome reasons why you should pray for your future husband, and some qualities she is praying for in a man. I encourage you to check it out!
So how do I pray for my future husband? I pray that God would protect him and guide him. I pray that he will become a man after God's own heart. I pray that we will remain pure for each other, but most importantly God. Also, I pray that God would prepare us for each other and guide us together in His timing.
In addition to that, I prayer for the following things. I found this list on Pinterest awhile back, and LOVE it.
1. That he will have great knowledge of the Lord. (2 Peter 3:18)
2. That he will be the spiritual leader of our family. (1 Corinthians 11:3)
3. That he will love me deeply. (Ephesians 5:25-28, Colossians 3:19)
4. That he will have a heart for our children. (Colossians 3:21, Malachi 4:6, Ephesians 6:4)
5. That he will make wise choices. (Galatians 5:13)
6. That he will be a hard-worker. (1 Corinthians 15:58, Psalm 90:17, Colossians 3:23)
7. That he will resist sexual temptation. (1 Corinthians 6:18, Ephesians 5:3-5)
8. That he will have a Proverbs 31 wife (me!).
9. That he will keep his eyes pure. (Psalm 101:3)
10. That his ears will be tuned to God.
11. That he will speak edifying words only. (Ephesians 4:15, 29)
12. That he will have spiritual endurance. (Hebrews 12:1, Isaiah 40:31)
[I encourage you to write these down, look up the verses, and pray for your future husband often!]
I know that he will not be perfect, and that's okay. I also know I need to pray these things for myself and prepare my heart to be his wife. Remember, its not so much about finding the right person as being the right person. Are you the kind of girl that this guy you are praying for is looking for? Your vibe attracts your tribe.
I hope y'all enjoyed this! Do you pray for your future husband? If so, what? If not, do you plan on beginning? Let me know in the comments!
Blog Posts Gallery:
Hey y'all! I'm Makyna the owner behind Simply Loving Jesus. I love Jesus with all of my heart and created this blog to spread His love! Read more...