It's time for more tips on how I edit my Instagram pictures! In the first part, I walked you through how to make an edit. If you missed it, you can read it here. In this second part, I wanted to talk about different filters and apps I use to edit pictures I take (no words!), whether they be for my personal account or my story. I'll also give some [amateur] tips on how to take better pictures and talk about inspiration for edits. Hope you enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do NOT know everything, and you may not even like the filters I do haha. I just thought it would be fun to give you some tips on what I know!
Apps & Filters
First off, you have to use some good apps. My favorites are VSCO and ColorStory. On both of them, you can purchase filters but I just use the free ones. I also use some filters on Instagram. Below I've listed my favorites from each of the apps.
- Essentials: Sharp
- Good vibes: Mimosa & Palm Springs
I thought it would be fun to show you a before and after filter comparison! This uses the Clarendon filter on Instagram.
Another awesome thing to do is play with the brightness, contrast, and other fun elements. I'll give you another before and after comparison. It was darker in the room where we took this, so I wanted to brighten it up. (VSCO: A6 & Exposure +0.4 )
Note: Filters are just for fun! They should only be used for that, and not to make yourself "prettier". If you don't feel like a filter makes you look like you, don't use it. Be yourself. You are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are :)
How to take better pictures
I am totally not a pro, but I've learned some tricks on how to take pictures I personally like. These tips are for pictures of artwork, your Bible, etc.
1. Find good lighting. Maybe go outside, or adjust it on your phone or camera. Light makes a world of difference, and you can always brighten the picture later.
2. Find a white background. I personally use the corner of my white desk that is right next to my window, giving it light, or the sheets on my bed. Below is a picture of one of my set-ups haha!
3. Find a good angle. I personally like flat-lay pictures that are taken from above. Find what you like!
I think everybody goes through times where they can't decide what to take pictures of, what to draw or write, or what to make an edit or devotion about. I wanted to give you some tips on how I find inspiration, since in my last post I talked about making edits.
1. Music. Christian music is a huge inspiration for me. Listening to the radio almost always gives me ideas! Need some song recommendations? Check out my playlist here!
2. Bible reading. Reading my Bible gives me the best ideas for devos! Psalms is a great place to start when you're stuck.
3. Pinterest. Quotes on Pinterest are great inspiration!! Make sure if it has the "author" of the quote that you give them credit :)
4. Sermons/Podcasts. I've gotten great ideas from listening to my pastor on Sunday mornings. You can also find awesome sermons online! I like to listen to Annie Down's That Sounds Fun podcast as well.
5. Prayer. ALWAYS pray about and ask God what HE wants you to post. He'll lead you to the right thing.
Well, that's a wrap! I hope you enjoyed these fun tips on how I edit my pictures. I hope it helped you some haha! Leave a comment with your editing tips. I'd LOVE to hear from you!
Blog Posts Gallery:
Hey y'all! I'm Makyna the owner behind Simply Loving Jesus. I love Jesus with all of my heart and created this blog to spread His love! Read more...