So, let me ask you a question. Do you listen to Christian music? Why or why not?
I honestly think music is so powerful and can have control over our mind and emotions. I mean, think about it. You hear your favorite upbeat song, sing along, and usually just feel happy and alive. Or you hear that slow, sad song and you sing along, instantly changing moods to a more melancholy one. You know what I mean!
That's why I think choosing good music is so important. Do I think all secular music is bad? No. Some of it is clean and fun to listen to! But listening to Christian music can help to keep your mind focused on what really matters - Jesus. And that's what I want. What about you?
This week is #Christianmusicweek on social media, thanks to the amazing Jenny from @Christiangirls and littlefaithblog.weebly.com. She's challenging us all to listen to nothing but Christian music for 7 days. Just 7 days! Let me just point out that if you have to listen to secular music sometime at work, drama, etc. that's okay! Just listen to Christian music when it's in your power! I'm in! Who's with me?
In light of Christian Music Week, I wanted to share some of my favorite Christian songs with y'all. Below is a list of my top 20 in no particular order, and then at the end there is a link to my full Spotify playlist!
1. Be the Change by Britt Nicole
2. Through Your Eyes by Britt Nicole
3. Love With Your Life by Hollyn
4. Live for the Drop by Capital Kings
5. Now is Forever by Lauren Daigle
6. I Need You by OBB
7. All Eyes on You by OBB
8. To the Dreamers by For King & Country
9. Matter by For King & Country
10. Steady by For King & Country
11. We Are Brave by Shawn McDonald
12. All I Need Is You by Lecrae
13. Hollow by Tori Kelly
14. Mended by Matthew West
15. Magnify by We Are Messengers
16. Higher by Unspoken
17. King of the World by Natalie Grant
18. Simple Pursuit by Kristian Stanfill
19. Where You Are by Hillsong Young & Free
20. Chain Breaker by Zach Williams
Here's my Spotify Playlist:
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you found a new favorite song, or maybe a reason to listen to Christian music!
PS: I'm always looking for new music, so PLEASE comment your favorite song(s)!
PPS: Did you know I have song recommendations and music videos on the "Fun" page? Check it out!
Blog Posts Gallery:
Hey y'all! I'm Makyna the owner behind Simply Loving Jesus. I love Jesus with all of my heart and created this blog to spread His love! Read more...